Sunday, April 12, 2020

FAKE NEWS LOOKS LIKE THIS!

Here is what Fake News Is.



This Morning, Easter Sunday I read Megan Mcardle's Opinion Piece. Its headline is:

 “My dad has covid-19. All we can do is wait.”
After that headline grabber, I found McArdle’s opening sentence. “My father has covid-19, and I can’t even take him banana bread.”

So, I read her 20+ paragraphs, describing her baking banana bread, her father’s recent heart problems and his impending release from hospital. In it, I discovered that she and her sister drove from Washington to Boston carrying food supplies to her father’s home. At the last moment her father developed a sore throat. But no fever or other symptoms.

Asymptomatic is the ten dollar word for his condition. But he has a sore throat so since he has a heart condition they decided to keep him in hospital. But when Mcardle arrives the authorities won’t let her visit him, nor deliver, nor let her leave her loaf of banana bread. No because he’s sick with Covid-19, but because she might be a carrier.

So Megan writes up her experience and we get a headline “MY DAD HAS COVID-19.”

I hope and pray that Megan's medical expertise is as poor as her sense of journalistic propriety. and her Dad doesn't get covid-19 and gets to come home soon without his sore throat to eat her ?banana bread?

And that my friend is what passes for news in today’s - Easter Sunday's Washington Post.
It too is my definition of FAKE NEWS!

No comments:

Post a Comment